Do you have trouble with the future tense in English grammar and which way is best to use? Here is a quick and easy way to remember what to use and how to use it.
With the future tense in English grammar there are a number of ways and structures to use.
It can be broken down into to things - is the action planned (e.g.) do you have the intention to do something, or is it not planned - maybe you are just thinking about it and is not 100% definite.
We can use the present continuous with a future date or "going to" plus verb 1 for something that is planned
- I am travelling to France tomorrow..
- I am going to travel to France tomorrow..
- I am doing my homework tonight..
- I am going to do my homework tonight..
If something is NOT planned then we can use WILL plus Verb 1.
- Perhaps I will travel to France tomorrow..
- I will do my homework tonight maybe.
- I will visit my friend later